With over 20 years experience
Our electricians work to the highest standards.
All electrical installations deteriorate with age and use. They should therefore be inspected and tested at regular intervals to check whether they are in a satisfactory condition for continued use. Such safety checks are commonly referred to as ‘periodic inspection and testing’.
Every Property owner must have a valid Periodic Inspection Report in order to comply with Regulation 89(b) of SI 299 2007 as amended by SI 732 2007. A Periodic Inspection Report is valid for 5 years in a Commercial Property.
Periodic Testing involves the inspection, testing and certification of the installed electrical circuits within your premises. Initially we carry out a visual inspection and then we use our electrical installation test equipment to ensure results are within Electro Technical Council of Ireland regulation guidelines.
Who should have a Periodic Inspection Report done?
- Landlords or Letting agents re-letting a property or to satisfy their insurance company by way of a safety audit
- Private tenancy organisations before moving a new tenant in, this is the same for City councils & Social housing
- Estate agents selling homes or members of the general public selling privately
- Commercial properties
- Places of entertainment
- Schools & Hospitals
- Any property being sold before final sale
- Any person or business who wants to identify the state of the electrical installation at their property.
McAuliffe Electrical will carry out a visual examination of all the parts of the installation readily accessible and take all test measurements required under the National Wiring Rules. A report will be submitted to the Premises Owner, which will detail all aspects of the installation and will also list any remedial work, which should be undertaken.